Thursday, February 21, 2013

In the book "The Last Lecture," the author adresses how to deal with brick walls. I know that in my project, I'll have to juggle a lot of legal issues and the stress that comes with that. I don't have a general reaction to setbacks that I can identify. I think it's like what the book says, "The brick walls are there to stop the people that don't want it badly enough." I can always tell how much I care about something by how fast I quit it. I'll give up after fifteen minutes on a hard math problem, but I'll spend hours tweaking a messed up garageband project. If I don't like something but I know I have to do it, I get really frustrated wasting my time. But I know this is something I will be able to use to achieve my goals and do what I love. I don't think I'll give up on this or get angry often because when it matters to me, I know that overeacting is a waste of energy. I'd rather spend that time trying to solve the problem. Every once in a while, though, I get to the point where I can't quit. It doesn't even matter what i'm working toward; quitting would mean admitting that I can't do it. And there's no way some dumb machine, person, cosmic force or whatever else is going to make a fool out of me. So when I show up to school with my homework half done, it's probably becuase my computer wouldn't let me run something and I had to spend six hours hacking it from internet tutorial videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment