Sunday, March 10, 2013

1) What is your job like day to day?
2) How does a hospital run?
3) What kind of procedures are done?
4) What is the basic format of a surgery?
5) What kind of person do you have to be/ what skills do you need to be a surgeon?
6)  What kinds of opportunites are you given because of your job?
7) What kind of salary can you expect as you rise in the ranks?
8) How do you deal with job related stress? 
9) Is the pressure worth it?
10) Does it get easier? At what point do you get used to it?

These were my original interview questions for neurosurgeons. Now I need to adapt them for the neurologist. I think I'm going to make the project about both jobs. I can definitely use some of these today, and when I get more surgeons to interview I can compare the answers. So for the neurologits...

1) What is your job like day to day?
                - Where do you work now?
                - What kind of patients do you see?
                - What are your responsibilities?
                - How do you treat an illness? What power do you have to do so?
                - How stressful is it? Comparatively? 
2) What qualities/skills are needed to be a neurologist?
3) What kind of opportunities are you given because of your job? 
4) What kind of salary can you expect as you rise in the ranks?
5) What do you enjoy most about your job?

I only have thirty minutes with her, so I hope I can get some thorough answers for some of these, at least. I really have to be on my game today. Update post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment